|The Perfect Twins||Gallery||Transcript|
|Season 9 Episode 2|
|The Perfect Twins|
|Original Airdate||November 30, 2002|
|DVD release|| The Best of Season 9|
|Previous Episode||Club Fred|
|Next Episode||Babies in Toyland (Episode)|
- Grandpa Lou
Betty's relatives from England come to America to pay a visit. Coming along are their kids -- Smedley & Hedley -- who are also fraternal twins like Phil & Lil. Unlike Phil & Lil, Smedley & Hedley dress differently, behave properly, keep clean, and finish each other's sentences without delay or incorrectness; therefore, they consider such "twinny" behavior a sign that they are "perfect twins". This eventually led to Lil wanting to be as prim and proper as Smedley & Hedley, while Phil decides to remain as messy and disorderly as usual.
Meanwhile, Winifred, the British twins' mother, tries to sell Betty on her method of raising twins -- a method that Betty steadfastly refuses to subscribe to.
Also, Betty gets the neighbors to pose as her relatives, as her real relatives didn't come, due to Howard's cheap invitation software that he bought at a dollar store.
And, Angelica, dressed as a princess for a dance recital, tricks Smedley & Hedley into believing that she's queen of History. And as a result, they do everything she says, even bad things that they feel aren't proper.
Later, the cake Betty presented was in the form of Buckingham Palace but Howard noticed his video camera was nearly dead so no one could eat it.
However, Queen Angelica (unaware that Betty clearly stated that no one could eat or take the cake) sent Hedley and Smedley and Lil to get the cake. Once Hedley and Smedley took the cake, they left Lil holding the bag (really meaning they left Lil to take the blame). Phil, Tommy, Chuckie and Kimi try to get Lil back out of trouble by tricking Hedley and Smedley that Queen Angelica likes a "special dance" (according to the little Watanabe-Finster). They lead Hedley and Smedley into dancing until they do a somersault causing the cake (they had placed in their pockets earlier) to fall. Winnie was horrified. Betty, guilty for what she had done earlier, takes Lil out and sends her back to Phil. Hedley and Smedley argue as they throw mud at each other much to the surprise of a returning Winifred. Betty calms her down and talks about twins. Phil and Lil get back together and start a huge row at how Phil is a nutter as the episode ends in Lil's screaming mouth.
- Sometimes acting "twinny" can be mandatory in school if a teacher pairs his or her classmates in groups.
- When the relatives arrived, Poughkeepsie is a city in New York (Boris and Minka), Pacoima is a city in California, (Didi and Stu Pickles), Paducah is a city in Texas, (Drew and Charlotte Pickles), and Podunk is a city in Indiana (Chas Finster and Kira Finster)
- After 13 minutes, there was a role reversal (in which Stu and Drew argued over who was Carl from Pacoima).
- If you hear Kimi's cute laugh, it sounds like the cuckoo sound from the game show Pyramid when the clue giver gives an illegal clue.
- Phil's line: "A Twin's Gotta Do, What a Twin's Gotta Do" similar to Tommy's original catchphrase.
The gallery for this episode can be found here