|Stuart Louis Pickles|
|Also Known As||Stu Pickles|
|Birth Date||October 23, 1958|
43 (All Grown Up)
57 (Age in 2016)
|Interests||Playing with his sons, inventing|
|Relatives||Didi Pickles (Wife)|
Tommy Pickles (Son)
Dil Pickles (Son)
Louis Pickles (Father)
Lulu Pickles (Stepmother)
Trixie Pickles (Mother; deceased)
Drew Pickles (Brother)
Charlotte Pickles (Sister-in-law)
Angelica Pickles (Niece)
Ben Kropotkin (Brother-in-law)
Elaine Kropotkin (Sister-in-law)
Boris Kropotkin (Father-in-law)
Minka Kropotkin (Mother-in-law)
Drew Pickles (occasionally)
|Voice Actor||Jack Riley|
|First Appearance||Tommy Pickles and the Great White Thing (Rugrats, 1990)|
|Last Appearance||Golden Boy (All Grown Up!, 2008)|
Stu is a long-time inventor of various children's toys. The inspiration for this occupation is his infant son, whom he thought would enjoy playing with new toys created by his father. However, malfunctions usually occur with his inventions, and when his inventions do not malfunction, they scare the kids. Stu is a fun-filled kid in an adult body. His favorite pastime is inventing. Aside from inventing and playing with his sons, he's mostly seen arguing with his older brother, Drew. Drew and Didi tend to scold him for not getting a more dependable job to help support his family, but Stu doesn't seem to like manual labor; when he once got a job selling lard, he showed great disdain for it. Like the others, Stu gets tired of his father's over-exaggerated stories. Stu loves his family dearly, and goes to many lengths to keep them happy, even at his own expense. Sometimes he does the unnecessary to get people to like him.
According to his birth date, Stu is about 33-39, as the series takes place in the early 1990s. In the episode The Legend of Satchmo, Lou makes a comment about being "35 years old and discovering you've never really lived," to which Stu looks troubled. This implies that he is 35 throughout the series. His age is confirmed in The Blizzard when Chaz reminds Stu that he is 35 years old and that he doesn't have to go to school anymore. In All Grown Up!, he is in his mid-to-late forties, though his appearance has not changed much other than having darker hair and bags under his eyes.
Stu has peach skin, with light purple hair. He wears a green, collared shirt, a red tie with gray polka-dots, brown shoes, and a pair of blue jeans. Ten years later, in All Grown Up!, his light purple hair is now a darker purple, and he has bags under his eyes to show that he has aged.
Stu Pickles has appeared in many episodes of Rugrats. His first appearance was in Tommy Pickles and the Great White Thing, with his last appearance in Rugrats being Kimi Takes The Cake. His last appearance in All Grown Up! was Golden Boy.
- Stu is based on the show's creator, Gábor Csupó.
- In Tommy Pickles and the Great White Thing, his name was Stu Pickles Jr.
- Stu seems to have an obsession with the Dummi Bears, and even bugs the writer, Randy Carmichael, about the series.
- Stu drives a blue Citroen DS. It is more than likely a gray market 1971 DS23 due to the fact that it seems to have an automatic transmission and air-conditioning. The Citroen DS is a perfect vehicle for a quirky inventor like Stu Pickles, because the car itself has many quirky and advanced technological features that would impress someone like him.
- Unlike other characters, his name was changed to "Hugo Pickles" in the Latin American dub.
- His birthday was revealed to be between October 19th and 25th in the All Growed Up special, when Didi referenced that he was born "on the cusp" between Libra and Scorpio.
- As shown in the episode "Sour Pickles," Stu was voiced by his son's voice actress in his infancy, and like Tommy after him, Stu was determined and carried a screwdriver in his diaper.