|Stuart Louis Pickles|
|Also Known As||Stu Pickles|
Uncle Stu (by Angelica)
Stuie (by Phil, Lil, and Tommy)
|Birth Date||October 23, 1958 (Rugrats 1991)|
October 23, 1988 (Rugrats 2021)
|Age||33 (Rugrats; both original and revived versions)|
42 ("All Growed Up")
43 (All Grown Up!)
|Interests||Playing with his sons, inventing, video games (revival)|
|Relatives||Didi Pickles (wife)|
Tommy Pickles (oldest son)
Dil Pickles (yougest son)
Lou Pickles (father)
Lulu Pickles (stepmother)
Trixie Pickles (mother; deceased)
Drew Pickles (older brother)
Charlotte Pickles (sister-in-law)
Angelica Pickles (niece)
Ben Kropotkin (brother-in-law)
Elaine Kropotkin (sister-in-law)
Boris Kropotkin (father-in-law)
Minka Kropotkin (mother-in-law)
Drew Pickles (sometimes)
|Voice Actor||Jack Riley (original)|
E.G. Daily (Baby) ("Sour Pickles") (Season 3)
Tress MacNeille (Baby) ("Fountain of Youth") (Season 9)
Tommy Dewey (revival)
|First Appearance||"Tommy Pickles and the Great White Thing" (Rugrats) (Episode Pilot) (1990)|
Stuart Louis Pickles (born October 23, 1958) is the father of Tommy and Dil, the younger brother of Drew, and the husband of Didi Pickles. He is described as an absent-minded toy inventor. His birthday is between October 19th and 25th (according to the "All Growed Up" special), and he was born in 1958, according to the episode "Sour Pickles".
Stu is a long-time inventor of various children's toys and other products. The inspiration for this occupation is his infant son, so that he could enjoy playing with new toys created by his father. However, his inventions either frequently malfunction, or scare the kids. Stu is something of a kid in an adult body. Aside from inventing and playing with his sons, he is mostly seen arguing with his older brother, Drew. Drew and Didi tend to scold him for not getting a more stable job to help support his family, but Stu doesn't enjoy non-manual labor; when he had a job selling lard, he showed great disdain for it. Like the others, Stu often tires of his father's over-exaggerated stories. Stu loves his family dearly, and goes to great lengths to keep them happy, even at his own expense. Sometimes he does the unnecessary to get people to like him.
According to his birth date, Stu is about 33-39, as the series takes place in the early 1990s. In the episode "The Legend of Satchmo", Lou makes a comment about being "35 years old and discovering you've never really lived," which seems to trouble Stu; this suggests that he is 35 throughout the series. His age is confirmed in "The Blizzard" when Chas reminds Stu that he is 35 years old and doesn't have to go to school anymore. In All Grown Up!, he is in his mid-to-late forties, though his appearance has not changed much other than having darker hair, a slightly receded hairline, and bags under his eyes.
In the 2021 Rugrats series, he continues his role as an inventor, though he has branched out into high-tech electronics. It is implied that his inventions often do not work very well and that he may not be making much money off of them. He is still the same sort of "man-child" he was in the original series, only here he is a gamer, with his favorite video game being DoorStop, which Randy Carmichael also enjoys.
Stu has peach skin, and light purple hair. He wears a green collared shirt under a darker green blazer, a red tie with gray polka-dots, brown shoes, and a pair of blue jeans. Ten years later, in All Grown Up!, his light purple hair is now a darker purple, and he has bags under his eyes to show that he has aged. His outfit remains unchanged, except for his tie, which is now striped.
In the 2021 series, his eyebrows matches his hair color, and his bow tie does not have polka-dots. At times, he sports noticeable stubble on his face. He often wears a black shirt featuring the logo of Final Eclipse, his favorite film.
- Stu is based on the show's creator, Gábor Csupó.
- In "Tommy Pickles and the Great White Thing", his name was Stu Pickles Jr.
- Stu's favourite TV shows are the Dummi Bears and Blocky & Oxwinkle.
- Stu drives a blue Citroen DS. It is more than likely a gray market 1971 DS23 due to the fact that it seems to have an automatic transmission (due to the fact that Didi is seen driving the car, but states in one episode that she can't drive a stick shift) and air-conditioning (It is never explicitly stated that the car has A/C, but considering that the family lives in Southern California, Stu probably wouldn't be driving two infants around in a car without A/C). The Citroen DS is a perfect vehicle for a quirky inventor like Stu Pickles, because the car itself has many quirky and advanced technological features that would impress someone like him.
- In the episode "Moving Away", Drew mentions to the neighbors in the flashback to when the kids first met that Stu and Didi have just moved from Akron. However, it has been shown in numerous episodes that Stu and Drew have known Chas since childhood, and they have lived in the town where the series takes place since they were babies. Stu more than likely took a job offer in Ohio right before or right after he married Didi, or it's possible (but less likely) that Didi is from Ohio and that's where they met. The possibilities are endless, but Stu taking a job in Akron is the most likely scenario.
- As seen in "Family Reunion", Stu has a family who live in Willoughby, Iowa.
- His birthday was revealed to be between October 19th and 25th in the All Growed Up special, when Didi referenced that he was born "on the cusp" between Libra and Scorpio.
- He mostly argues with his older brother Drew Pickles.
- As shown in the episode "Sour Pickles", Stu was voiced by his son's voice actress in his infancy, and like Tommy after him, Stu was determined and carried a screwdriver in his diaper.
- According to the episode "Naked Tommy", he has a great-aunt named Lois who went naked but was the only one in his family to do so (besides Tommy). It is unknown whose side of the family Lois is on.
- The episode "Psycho Angelica" reveals that Stu had a knee surgery at some point in his life, presumably very recently, since Didi mentions that it's been recorded on video.
- The episode "Chuckie vs. the Potty" reveals that Stu wasn't potty-trained at two years old.
- Stu won the Fast Flipper Tournament when he was in tenth grade.
- In the 2021 series, it is implied that his favorite video game is DoorStop.
- It is also implied that his favorite film is Final Eclipse.