|Season 1 Episode 13b|
|Original Airdate||May 24, 1992|
|DVD release||Season 1|
|Previous Episode||Graham Canyon|
|Next Episode||Toy Palace|
Tommy and Chuckie accidentally toss their glider plane into the scary basement. They explore Stu's workshop and inadvertently fix an invention.
- - Description from Klasky Csupo.
Stu recieves an order from Mucklehoney Industries for 15,000 "Patty Pants" dolls. Unfortunately, the machine he invented to mass produce the dolls isn't working correctly due to it assembling the dolls incorrectly. While Stu goes upstairs to take a break and think of a way to correct his machine, Tommy and Chuckie accidentally toss Tommy's Zippo-Glider toy plane into the basement (where the machine is located) and go down to find it.
When they reach the basement they find it to be full of interesting old junk. The babies explore this half of the basement without success before discovering the other half, where Stu's invention workshop is situated. There, they see the Zippo-Glider on top of the Patty Pants assembler and to climb on top in order to reach it.
While attempting to climb the machine the babies accidentally turn it on and get caught up in the assembling process. Chuckie nearly falls off and when Tommy helps him back up he moves a lever from "Reverse" into "Forward". At once the machine begins to assemble proper Patty Pants dolls.
Tommy and Chuckie are still on the assembly line however and are quickly fitted with Patty Pants dresses and wigs and shoes even have their cheeks painted pink before ending up in the box completed Patty Pants dolls are dumped into. Before Chuckie falls into the box he manages to grab the Zippo-Glider, making this adventure a success!
Stu hears the racket from upstairs and comes down to see what's going on. He's delighted to see the assembler working properly, though he has no idea how it turned on in the first place (let alone how it was "fixed"). Stu brings the box upstairs to show Didi, who remarks about how lifelike the dolls are (neither one of them notice Tommy and Chuckie). Stu leaves the box upstairs while he goes to work on completing his order.
When the grown-ups are gone Tommy and Chuckie climb out of the box and discard the Patty Pants garments. Tommy is happy Chuckie was able to grab his glider and allows Chuckie to throw it. The two friends watch it zip all over the living room before it glides downstairs again, much to their horror!
- A clip from this episode (Chuckie bouncing on the matress saying "fun") is used in the video of The 90's are All That anthem, promoting the TV block of the same name.
- The title of this episode is a play on the title of the fairy tale The Shoe Maker's Elves.
- Tommy and Chuckie describe a dream in which they are in a bright white room, being held upside down and spanked by somebody. This implies that they remember the days they were born, and dream about it.
- Mucklehoney indsutries is mentioned, but not Mr. Mucklehoney himself.
- It's unknown how Stu managed to afford the money in building his Patty Pants machine.
- When Tommy and Chuckie are dressed up as Patty Pants dolls by the machine, it's unknown why they aren't fitted with a diaper like the rest of the dolls.
- Patty Pants was first mentioned in the episode "Special Delivery", where Stu was worried he wouldn't be able to sell Patty Pants to any toy company because of Tina Trousers, a similar doll.
- Though only briefly, this is the second time Tommy is seen wearing shoes.
- This episode is called Stu-maker's elves but the season 1 DVD lists it as Stu-makers' elves.
Moral: Always keep an eye on your toys and be careful with them so you won’t lose them.
- When Tommy and Chuckie were on the doll machine, they were fitted with doll clothes, including white socks and blue shoes. How the machine got socks and shoes on Chuckie is beyond knowledge, since Chuckie was already wearing yellow socks and red sneakers. It's probably impossible to wear two shoes on the same foot, unless the shoe on the outside is somewhat larger than the one on the inside; the shoes used for the dolls were the same size as Chuckie's shoes, if not, smaller.
- Near the end, we see Tommy and Chuckie in doll clothes (and Chuckie in doll makeup) inside the box where the dolls were kept. After Stu and Didi left the room, Tommy and Chuckie climbed out of the box, wearing their normal clothes, probably without pausing to take off the doll clothes that they were wearing.
- In one scene, when Tommy and Chuckie are in the basement, there is a big toy clown across from all the toys. However, Chuckie shows no fear towards the clown. Isn't he afraid of clowns?