|This article is a stub! You can help Tommy and the others by expanding it!|
|Season 3 Episode 7|
|Original Airdate||June 21, 2005|
|Previous Episode||The Big Score|
|Next Episode||Wouldn't it be Nice?|
- Mr. Beaker
- Crying Kid
- Kid Driver
- Mr. Stempe
- Oil Can Bonnet
Tommy and the gang decide to put together a boxcar to compete in the upcoming derby. Can they make it to the finals, or will Angelica spoil their plans by entering her own car in the race?
- Harold's mother is an engineer.
- When Dil and Chuckie are playing around, they are imitating Dr. Frankenstein and his monster.
- Tommy even references the book author, Boris Karloff.
- Ending Tagline: "But first, I'm gonna have some cereal." - Chuckie
- Mr. Beaker references the rock band Heart during the video presentation, explaining his feminine boxcar design, featuring hearts.
- Tommy: Come on, guys, we'll make popcorn, grab some sodas, and figure this thing out. It'll be fun.
- Harold: Can we get in our PJs and tickle each other?
- Tommy: Uh... no.
- Charlotte: It's a genetic thing. That and your mustache problem, but we can get that fixed.
- Angelica: (About Harold) That skunk! All that hard work, and he's the one who gets to go to Paris, France.
- Tommy: You mean Paris, Texas. The finals are in Texas.
- Angelica: Texas? You mean I risked my life for a trip to America's dust bowl?!
- Tommy: Hey, not so rough. You're gonna strip the screw.
- Chuckie: (now angry) You do it, then! I'm going home to bed. But first, I'm going to have some cereal.
- Angelica: (About Tommy and the others' car) You call that a car? I wouldn't let my worst enemies race in that deathtrap. Oh, wait a minute - they are.
- Charlotte: If you really want to win, baby, you're going to need to build the fastest machine on the road. You'll need to raise capital.
- Angelica: Capital?! As in money? I don't know how to raise money.
- Charlotte: That's what Momma's here for. I'm going to teach you how to take an aggressive, take-no-prisoners approach. My little girl's going to have the best car somebody else's money can buy.
- Chuckie: I'm out. Or was I already out? I forget.
- Chuckie: I'm going to go, Tommy. We've got a race to enter, cars to build.
- Phil: That we can crash?
- Tommy, Chuckie, & Dil: No!
- Tommy: (About Angelica) She's been doing things like this my whole life! I'm sick of it!
- Chuckie: Ah, don't take it personally, Tommy. It's just a cousin thing.
- Dil: She's my cousin, too, but she's really nice to me. She was totally there for me on my quest for the lost city of Atlantis.
- Tommy: Well, that must be why she dunked you in the pool for so long.
- Tommy: (About a soapbox derby car) Imagine taking this puppy down Nosebleed Hill.
- Phil: And crashing it?
- Tommy: No, sailing past the finish line in front of the entire town.
- Chuckie: The only thing standing between us and this race is building one of these cars.
- Phil: And crashing it?!
- Chuckie: No.
- Phil: What's the fun in racing if you don't walk away unscathed from a wall of flames?
- Dil: (imitating Dr. Frankenstein) With just the right amount of electricity, and some rubber cement, my monster will come... alive! (flickers the lights)
- Chuckie: (starts groaning and stomping around, imitating Frankenstein's monster with pliers, and nails held up to his neck)
- Tommy: Hey, Boris Goof-off! Car's done!
- Chuckie: (Looking at soap box derby car diagram upside-down) Not a clue. (Tommy flips it right-side up) Thanks, Tommy... still no clue.
- Harold: (enters the garage) Hey, guys. Holy mayhem! Phil crashed the car already?!
- Tommy: We haven't figured out how it goes together yet.
- Phil: This much money just to crash a car?