|Also Known As||Randy Carmichael|
|Birth Date||(Possibly) 1955 (Rugrats 1991)|
(Possibly) 1985 (Rugrats 2021)
|Age||36 (Possibly) (Rugrats; both original and revived versions)|
46 (Possibly) (All Grown Up!)
|Occupation||TV show writer|
Science teacher (revival)
|Interests||Writing ideas for the Dummi Bears|
Comic books (revival)
Alyssa Carmichael (older daughter)
Susie Carmichael (younger daughter)
Edwin & Buster (sons)
Chowder (pet cat)
Auntie T (aunt-in-law)
|Enemies||Paul Gatsby (occasionally)|
|Voice Actor||Ron Glass (original)|
Omar Benson Miller (revival)
|First Appearance||"Meet the Carmichaels" (Rugrats) (Season 2) (1993)|
Randall "Randy" Carmichael (also known as Mr. Carmichael or "Mr. Dummi Bear") is the father of Susie, Alyssa, Edwin and Buster and also the husband of Lucy. He is a writer for the Dummi Bears TV show. He lives across the street from Stu and Didi. While at home, Randy doesn't like to talk about the Dummi Bears or his job. Although he doesn't like to talk about his job, in "Dummi Bear Dinner Disaster" he seems very enthusiastic about his plots that he writes, however, his boss does not seem to like his ideas, finding them boring.
Mr. Carmichael insists that he stays in his current neighborhood, calling his neighbors inspiration and a "writer's goldmine". Randy seems to keep a mature, calm attitude. He apparently once won an award for his comedic talents (most likely in his writing for the Dummi Bears), which is surprising given his attitude. His catchphrase would soon be "Or a bear!". In a episode of All Grown Up!, "Interview With a Campfire", during a play depicting settlers, he plays a villager. When he is asked who might be knocking on the door, he dramatically screams "Or a bear!". It was then that Randall Carmichael realized that he was the greatest actor of all time, parallel to Will Smith.
Randy is an African-American man with brown skin and dark hair. He has a full set of lips like other Black characters on the show and has a pair of white eyes with black pupils (as is the usual for the show's art style). He has a mustache. In the 2021 series, he doesn't have any facial hair.
- He and Lucy must be significantly older than the parents of the other Rugrats, particularly due to how their oldest child and youngest child have a thirteen year age difference.
- In the reboot, Randy and Lucy are much more prominent characters than they were in the original series -- they also appear to be significantly younger than they were in the original series.
- He and his wife created a complex chores chart for their kids.
- In the original series, Randy and his wife were the first set of parents to have children (since their oldest child was teenaged high school student while their youngest child was still in preschool).
- In the reboot, Randy and his wife appear to be around the same age as the other parents and their daughter, Susie, appears to be an only child.
- It is revealed in "Runaround Susie" that Randy married Lucy due to her beautiful singing.
- In "Lady De-Clutter" (from the reboot), he favorite comic book series is "Telescope Man," and his favorite issue is #188.
- Although he and Lucy are friends with The Pickles family, they have not gone with any of the activities the Pickles went with their friends in episodes like Vacation, Rugrats in Paris: The Movie, Rugrats Go Wild, Babies in Toyland, Fountain of Youth, Kimi Takes the Cake etc.
- Although their daughter Susie did go with them in Rugrats Go Wild.
Click here to view the gallery