|Ice Cream Mountain||Gallery||Transcript|
|Season Two Episode 5b|
|Ice Cream Mountain|
|Original Airdate||October 4, 1992|
|VHS release||A Rugrats Vacation|
|DVD release||The Best of Season 2|
|Previous Episode||Angelica's In Love|
|Next Episode||Regarding Stuie|
When Stu and Drew take the Rugrats to a miniature golf course, the babies are awe struck by the "Ice Cream Mountain" hole, which is shaped like a giant plastic sundae. Anyone who makes a hole-in-one on the mountain gets a free game, but the golf course owner Earl Skaggs has rigged it so it's impossible to beat... that is until the Rugrats arrive!
- - Description from Klasky Csupo.
Stu and Drew are driving their kids plus Chuckie, Phil and Lil to an ice cream parlor to treat them, but are having trouble finding a place that actually sells ice cream instead of frozen yogurt. The brothers see a miniature golf course and decide to ask the owner if he knows where to get ice cream. As they walk to the entrance, Angelica spies something wonderful: an entire mountain made of ice cream!
Instead of asking about an ice cream parlor, however, Stu and Drew decide to instead play a round of golf together using high-tech golf clubs. While they arrange the game, Angelica tells the babies about the ice cream mountain and convinces them to go search for it with her.
Both groups set out separately, with the owner informing Stu and Drew that a hole-in-one on the last hole yields a free game (but nobody ever wins a free game because it's rigged by Mr. Skaggs so he will remain profitable); he expresses this with characteristically wicked laughter. Chuckie finds the course more frightening than fun and becomes discouraged, accusing Angelica of making it all up. But when Chuckie is accidentally lifted into the air by a windmill, he sees the ice cream mountain for himself in the distance. After Chuckie describes the decadent dessert to the others, Angelica urges them on, and soon they reach the base of Ice Cream Mountain.
They try to jump in, but bounce right off. They're shocked and realized that not only is Ice Cream Mountain hard, it's not even cold. Phil finds a little door and leads them through, with Angelica figuring the ice cream is at least inside. But it's completely hollow within. Angelica even looks behind the little golf ball holes for the ice cream, unknowingly changing it so everybody can win a free game.
Stu and Drew make it to Ice Cream Mountain and tee off together, with the owner and large group of miniature golfers watching because the brothers took way too much time. Thanks to Angelica's actions, they both win a free game to their delight and the owner's horror. Soon everybody is winning free games, and the owner is upset that it'll ruin his business. Stu suggests that they use their free games to have the kids play a round of their own (as shown in one of the video games), and right on cue they show up, with Angelica crying, all of them heartbroken that Ice Cream Mountain is fake. Stu and Drew feel bad about neglecting the kids and forgetting what they came here for in the first place. The owner begs them not to use their free games, and the brothers say there is something he can do for them.
The babies are finally taken an ice cream parlor where they're treated to a very large ice cream sundae that looks like a lot like a miniature version of the ice cream mountain at the miniature golf course.
- There is an ice cream parlor visible in the background when the group stops at the miniature golf course to ask for directions to the nearest one.
- This episode was made into a level for the Rugrats: Search for Reptar video game, with the kids actually playing the games that Drew implies in the episode.
- During the end credits, you can hear the babies and Angelica eating their ice cream while the credits roll, then hear someone burp when the credits finish.
- This is the second time one of the babies was lifted into the air by a windmill. The first time was Tommy at the grocery store in "Incident in Aisle Seven".
- This is one of the few episodes where Angelica teams up and works together with the babies.
- Always keep a promise to your kids.
- Scamming and cheating your customers will eventually come back to haunt you.
- Remember your goal of coming to a certain location.