|Season 3 Episode 12a|
|Original Airdate||December 12, 1993|
|DVD release||Season 3|
|Previous Episode||The Mysterious Mr. Friend|
|Next Episode||The Blizzard|
Angelica attaches herself to Chuckie with a pair of toy handcuffs and loses the key. Will they ever be able to separate from each other?
- Description from Klasky Csupo
Angelica has her eyes set on a toy handcuff set that Drew is going to donate to orphan children. Angelica pleads for the handcuffs but Drew tells her she can have all the presents that she wants on her birthday. When Chuckie comes by to visit, Angelica decides that they should sneak into the closet and get the handcuff set with Chuckie being the look out. After a first failed attempt where Chuckie gets lonely and abandons his lookout duties, Angelica succeeds in getting the handcuff set.
When Chuckie asks what the handcuffs are for Angelica demonstrates by handcuffing herself to Chuckie stating that she is a police officer arresting him. However, they then discover that there is no key in the box and as such, they cannot remove the handcuffs.
Angelica and Chuckie repeatedly fail in their attempts to remove the handcuffs and during the middle of it, Drew informs them that Chas is on his way over to collect Chuckie. After several further failed attempts to remove the handcuffs and thoughts about what life will be like handcuffed together (with Chuckie remarking that at least they'll never be lonely), Chas arrives. Angelica repeatedly tells Chuckie to be quiet despite the fact he is trying to tell her something.
Placing a puppet over the handcuffs, Angelica pleads with Chas and Drew for Chuckie to be allowed to spend the night under the ruse that they are now best of friends, and Chas and Drew agree. As they head back to Angelica's room, Chuckie exclaims his happiness towards the fact that they are now best friends, only for Angelica to tell him that she was just lying.
Chuckie then reveals that he found the key under the toy puppet and he didn't tell Angelica earlier because she didn't give him the chance. Angelica furiously unlocks the handcuff from Chuckie's hand, telling him never to talk to her again no matter what. However, the handcuff then locks itself again on Angelica's bedpost with the key lying just out of reach. Angelica calls for Chuckie to come back, but he refuses. Angelica then begs to help, even promising her Cynthia doll in return, but still, her words fall on deaf ears.
- This is the first episode of the only four episodes where Tommy is absent. However, he was mentioned.
- The key can be seen falling out of the box when Angelica rips the package open.
- "Cuffed/The Blizzard" was pulled from US reruns on Nick, Nicktoons, and The 90s Are All That by the mid 2000's, probably over concern of small children playing with handcuffs. It still aired in other countries and is available on DVD and iTunes, and TeenNick's programming block NickSplat aired it on December 20, 2015.
- Bozo The Clown (mentioned by Chuckie) was a famous clown in the 1990s.
- This episode is similar to the Looney Tunes short, "D'Fightin'Ones", where Sylvester the Cat is handcuffed to a bulldog and the two try to break free.There is especially a scene where they unsuccessfully break the handcuffs with a hammer. Ironically, the two are still stuck in the end much like Angelica was. A similar plot would later be used in the Dexter's Laboratory episode, "Unfortunate Cookie".