|Babies in Toyland (Episode)||Gallery||Transcript|
| "A clean room is a happy room."|
This article needs to be cleaned up to conform to a higher standard of quality.
|This article is a stub! You can help Tommy and the others by expanding it!|
|Season 9 Episode 3/4|
|Babies in Toyland|
|Original Airdate||December 21, 2002|
|DVD release||Holiday Celebration|
The Best of Season 9
Holly Jolly Holidays
|Previous Episode||The Perfect Twins|
|Next Episode||Clown Around|
- Kris Kringle
- Hermie the Elf
- Susie (mentioned)
- Crying Boy
- Santa Claus
- Walkie Talkie Elf
- Howling Baby
The episode begins with the characters traveling to Toyland, which Charlotte and Stu come up with for Christmas. The adults leave Grandpa Lou in charge of watching the kids, while they go to Frontier Town. Grandpa Lou quickly falls asleep and the babies go to find the North Pole, where Santa lives, to give Dil a good first Christmas. Angelica leads them the wrong way so she can get all the presents from Santa. They go on a great adventure while Angelica learns a wonderful lesson. Meanwhile, the adults are trapped in their cabin because of the fake snow. Grandpa Lou recovers the babies and uncovers the others while Angelica comes back and gives everyone presents. The episodes ends with everyone singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas".
- This episode re-aired on Nickelodeon on Friday, December 14th, 2012 and Sunday, December 23rd, 2012.
- This episode has absolutely no references to anything from "The Santa Experience", except for the ending when the real Santa flies overhead in his sleigh.
- This is the third and final hour-length episode of the series after "Runaway Reptar" and "All Growed Up".
- This episode didn't show the title.
- This is the first direct-to-video episode that is also available on DVD. While this episode is the main feature on the VHS video, it doesn't even get top billing on DVD -- it's a "bonus" on a DVD containing holiday Nick Jr. favorites -- Dora, Little Bill & Blue's Clues.
- This special features Paul Reubens, the former Pee Wee Herman, as the voice of Hermie The Elf.
- Jim Belushi is the brother of the late John Belushi, who was a former cast member of NBC's Saturday Night Live (1975-1980), and one of the Blues Brothers. Jim had also played a mall Santa Claus in the 1996 movie Jingle All the Way.
- This episode has 3 official episode numbers -- "158" is for part 1, "159" is for part 2, and "991" is for the special as a whole.
- This is another episode where Angelica said "Uh-Oh." The last four episodes were "Driving Miss Angelica", "Dust Bunnies", "Cuffed", and "Angelica Nose Best".
- Kimi got a xylophone from Santa but she calls it a soprano glockenspiel.
- On the box of the Christmas video, it mentions that Christmasland "could finally put Pickles Industries.com on the map." This is the first and only time Stu's business is referred to as a website.
- Tommy got his first camera in this episode (though in All Grown Up!, it is revealed he first used it at age 32 months).
- Susie is mentioned, but does not appear in this episode.
- When Angelica is about to ask Charlotte "What if Santa gives all the good stuff away?", her mouth doesn't move when she says "Mommy?" as we see the overview of the adults leaving the building and Angelica holding Charlotte's hand.
- Moral: Treat every day like Christmas. Christmas is about giving, not just receiving.
Howard: We gotta get outta here!
Kira: GET A GRIP, HOWARD!