|Angelica Orders Out||Gallery||Transcript|
|Season 4 Episode 15a|
|Angelica Orders Out|
|Original Airdate||November 15, 1997|
|VHS release||Decade in Diapers Vol. 1|
|DVD release|| Decade in Diapers (DVD)|
|Previous Episode||Turtle Recall|
|Next Episode||Let it Snow|
- Chuckie (cameo)
- Lil (cameo)
- Phil (cameo)
- Chas (cameo)
- Betty (cameo)
- Howard (cameo)
Angelica steals Stu's newest invention, the "Pickles Voice Frequency Modulator 5000" and takes advantage of it by ordering plenty of food from a local deli. - Description from Klasky Csupo
Stu has created a new gadget: The Voice Frequency Modulator 5000. This item enables people to throw their voice, or sound like someone else. When Angelica has a try, she sounds just like her mother, Charlotte. Stu and Didi plan to go to the Wonderful World of Wicker seminar while Charlotte goes to a meeting, leaving the kids in Grandpa Lou's care as long as he doesn't fall asleep. Didi suggests that he order from Zippy Snappy Home Delivery deli for something to eat, asking him to not order any junk food, as she and Stu are trying to take care of Tommy and Angelica's teeth, or else she will take his teeth away which Lou agrees with.
After they leave, Lou shows Angelica the speed-dial phone and has her dial the deli. Lou then orders a healthy lunch of bologna sandwiches on white bread with extra mayo, some steamed carrots with a side of cottage cheese, and for dessert, some baked apples, all paid with the Pickles' account. Angelica is upset about the dessert that she's getting, but Lou repeats Didi's words to her: "No junk food or he will lose his teeth." Angelica stares at the phone with a grin, thinking of an idea.
After they eat their lunch and are eating their baked apples, except Angelica, Lou falls asleep telling Tommy about the time when he first ate baked apples with his grandfather. Relieved, Angelica goes to the phone and uses the speed-dial button to call the deli again, asking for a big bag of double-fudge chocolate chip cookies to be sent to the Pickles' house, much to Tommy's horror. When the deli explains that they only take orders from adults, she uses Stu's invention to pretend to be her mother, Charlotte. When the deli recites their dessert menu to Angelica, she proceeds to order every dessert item, then hangs up.
Having another idea, she calls her home where Drew is working. As Charlotte, she tells him that since Angelica has been so good lately, he should go to Toy City to get Angelica the new and very expensive "Cynthia Ultra-Mega Play World" that she's been wanting for so long. Drew initially resists, but Angelica, sounding like Charlotte, yells at him to do it and then hangs up.
After this, Tommy threatens to wake Lou in order to stop Angelica, but she confines him to an upside-down laundry basket over him with a heavy box of Sudso laundry soap on top of it. Afterwards, she starts calling up everyone she knows, using Stu's invention, and apparently requesting more toys and such.
When the deli truck arrives, Angelica uses the voice-changer, as well as a portrait of Didi, to make the man leave the delivery by the door and go away. As the delivery man leaves, the screech of the van wakes Lou up. After freeing Tommy from under the laundry basket, he discovers what Angelica did and is horrified. While he is trying to straighten things out, Didi calls him and says that due to a "very serious splinter incident", the Wonderful World of Wicker seminar was canceled and that she and Stu are on their way home. Just then, the doorbell rings and Lou sees that it's Drew with some kind of big box.
Angelica is pleased to hear that her father got her the "Cynthia Ultra-Mega Play World" and the shocked Lou is even more mortified that Angelica also called her father with Stu's invention and asks if she called anyone else, which she says no. Lou then tells Angelica to hide while he takes care of the situation.
While Lou is talking with an irritated Drew, some cream-filled pastries fall out of a hole at the bottom of the deli bag that Lou is holding, making Drew suspect that Angelica has been eating sweets. As Lou explains that he ordered himself some dessert while the kids were napping, and offers Drew one, Chas, Betty, Howard, Chuckie, Phil, and Lil arrive with presents, causing Lou to retreat back into the house, as he's confused as to why they're here.
Angelica, in the background, tells Lou that she called them too, further angering him. He asks her if she called anybody else, to which she shakes her head.
Lou goes back out to take the toy and tries to get rid of Drew, and gives him the bag of desserts. Just as Drew tries to tell his dad that he doesn't like cream-filled pastries, the other adults come over and Chas asks Drew if they're not too late for Angelica's surprise party. Puzzled, Drew states that Angelica's birthday isn't for another six months. Then, Stu, Didi and Charlotte arrive, causing Lou to retreat back into the house. Inside, even more frantic than ever, he grabs Tommy, and tells Angelica to get rid of all the food while he keeps them busy.
Once he exits the house, Lou tells everyone that he taught Tommy how to dance, and moves him. Drew is confused and remains suspicious since Lou told him that they were napping. Charlotte arrives and is surprised to see Drew here. He states that "I guess I'm here for this big surprise party that you didn't even tell me about." Stu and the other confused and suspicious adults want to know what's really going on. As Lou tried to make excuses, they all see Angelica on the floor stuffing her face with the pastries, thinking that he meant "eat the food" by "get rid of it".
The angry Stu and Didi demands to know what happened with Stu asking Lou if he fell asleep again, and Tommy finds the voice changer which gives him an idea while Lou tries to explain. As Angelica tries to tell everyone to just forget about it, Tommy holds the voice changer to her mouth and makes her sound like Charlotte again, making Drew, the Devilles, and Chas realize Angelica was the one who was really making those calls and making Charlotte, Stu, and Didi realize what indeed is going on. Later, Stu locks the invention up in a safe with his other failed experiments. Meanwhile, Angelica is in the kitchen and being forced to eat all of the flan that's stacked in a pyramid before her on the table, which she doesn't like. She protests, but Charlotte sternly replies that since Angelica ordered the flan, she will eat it. Angelica grumbled of how was she suppose to know flan would be so yucky. Whilst Lou, with his teeth confiscated as punishment for falling asleep, explains that at least you can eat them without your teeth, which he does with such enjoyment.
- This is the only appearance of Stu's voice-changing invention. He must of thrown it out in a deleted scene of the episode.
- Angelica would've realized that she was speaking through the invention when Tommy put it in front of her mouth, while she was talking to everyone about what family really meant.
- Chuckie, Phil and Lil arrive as cameos with Chas, Betty and Howard.
- When Stu puts his voice-changer in the vault, we can see what looks like Mr. Friend from "The Mysterious Mr. Friend".
- When Angelica goes to get the voice-changing invention, she seems to go to the other side of the kitchen. But Stu had left the invention in the living room.
- When Angelica is calling some of the families she knows, most of the babies and parents are not even part of the same family. Angelica lied to Lou when he scolded her even though Tommy lectured Angelica about the consequences of lying in "Angelica Nose Best".
- Lou realized Angelica took advantage of him by her disobedience.
- This is, so far, the only known appearance of Zippy's Snappy Home Delivery .
- This is the only episode where Lou gets mad at Angelica.
- If one were to think about it, Stu is actually responsible for starting the events of the entire episode. Stu made the voice-changer and showed it to Angelica. Later, Angelica used the invention to sound like an adult and get the things she wanted. Stu also ended the events of this episode by locking up his voice-changer inside a safe.
- It's odd that neither Chas nor Howard know when Angelica's birthday is, considering the duo previously performed their clown act for Angelica in the episode "Angelica's Birthday".
- The lunch that Lou ordered was bologna sandwiches on white with extra mayo for the kids, steamed carrots and cottage cheese for himself, 3 waters with ice, and baked apples for all. Angelica later ordered a bag of double fudge chocolate chip cookies as well as Larry's recommendations of chocolate cake, eclairs, coconut cream pie (even though she hates coconut), strawberry short cake, chocolate macadamias, flan, and another dessert that begins with chocolate (likely donuts, as they are among the desserts that Angelica is seen pigging out on). In relity, eating too much sugar and sodium is very bad for your health. It increases the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure tooth decay, arteriosclerosis, weakened bone marrow and osteoporosis and heart attack and stroke.
- Interestingly enough, the cookies that Angelica first ordered are not seen among the desserts delivered. Nor is the large pyramid of flan that appears at the end.
- In this episode, Larry's hair is red, but in all of his other appearances it's blonde.
- When Stu changes his voice to a deeper tone, he talks and sounds like Darth Vader from Star Wars.
- The episode was ranked #52 in the "Top 100 Greatest Nicktoon Moments" as part of "Superstuffed Nicktoons Weekend".
- Never take advantage of the eldery for your own selfish gain. It's greedy.
- Stealing is wrong and even illegal.
- Too many sweets is not good for you. It can make you fat or overweight which can cause a heart attack, stroke, and diabetes mellitus.
- Always listen and obey your parents and do what they tell you to do, because they know what is best for you. It also makes it fair when you behave yourself and does not cause chaos.
- Lying will always get you nowhere, because every lie you tell covers up every previous lie called a web of lies.